LITERALLY JUST SPAT OUT MY FUCKING SOUP
You know what though
Jim’s little diguises - Rich Brook and Jim from IT - have one thing in common:
They’re both total sweethearts.
They both have a gentle demeanor and seem to care about the women they’re fooling. They’re both anxious around Sherlock. They’re both inoffensive and fuckingadorableohmygod.
They both have a heart.
No one is that good of an actor. The one thing you can’t fake is a heart.
If he was heartless, Molly would be dead. She saw Jim’s face, she was a liability. Why didn’t he kill her? He’d heard all Molly’s stories, he knew she was important to Sherlock, if only a little, so why didn’t he kill her? Why didn’t he threaten her with the gunmen during Reichenbach?
I’ll tell you why. Because Molly is lovely and he cared about her. He purposely excluded her from the threat because he didn’t want to hurt her.
Even during their first meeting at the pool, Jim showed an unusual lack of self restraint “THAT’S WHAT PEOPLE DO!”. His face wasn’t blank, it wasn’t a pokerface like Sherlock’s. He was expressive. He was emotive. He was human. Jim has a heart.
I think that on the roof during Reichenbach, Sherlock realised this. He realised that Jim wasn’t acting.
He realised what Jim really wanted: to not be alone; to find someone just like himself; to find someone not-ordinary. Most of all, he wanted that person to be Sherlock.
Sherlock saw the level of frustration and disappointment and, let’s be honest, sadness on Jim’s face when he thought Sherlock was stupid and ordinary, and when he thought Sherlock would jump to save his friends.
That’s how he beat Jim.
The way he asserts himself on Jim, moving right up into his personal space. Think about it. He never does that. He’s attacked people, usually in self defence, but never anything quite so personal, quite so intimidating.
He’s risking John’s life by doing this. He’s risking the lives of all his friends and he doesn’t care. In those moments, Jim is his primary focus.
But then, listen to his voice, listen to the things he is saying.
Ordinary people have hurt Jim, there’s no doubt about that.
Sherlock is telling Jim that he isn’t ‘one of them’. He isn’t ordinary.
Sherlock isn’t being cruel, he’s being gentle.
We’re just alike, you and I.
And they are just alike, apart from that one little thing that they don’t have in common:
Sherlock is the good guy who doesn’t have a heart, and it’s his biggest weakness.
Jim is the bad guy who does have a heart, and it’s his greatest tragedy.
I LOVE THIS FANDOM AND EVERYONE IN IT.
thank you for intensifying my love for Moriarty tenfold.
(via beesarealiens)Source: urukhai
- the-little-pandabear-at-221b reblogged this from despicabledreams
- aestheticsbris209 reblogged this from voodooling
- batcat-tardistea reblogged this from littlemisshamish
- imhomiho reblogged this from feministjewishfangirl and added:
- elcronusbuttface reblogged this from shinychespin
- toomanyshipstocount likes this
- sleepyhallows reblogged this from gottagetmysherlock
- sherlocktapussy likes this
- faustprouvaire reblogged this from asonicedblog
- asonicedblog reblogged this from imreallyoverthis
- imreallyoverthis reblogged this from pilot-fish
- sylph-of-kokoro reblogged this from sburb-princess
- 1ns1demyhead likes this
- underwater-umbrella likes this
- mallomousey reblogged this from bbcsherlockftw
- mallomousey likes this
- chemakal likes this
- quietlymanagingmischief reblogged this from ifindpeopleconfusing
- anothertwilightlovinggirl likes this
- losingtheabilitytocan reblogged this from bbcsherlockftw
- the-girl-made-of-straw reblogged this from morningbirddarkknight
- the-girl-made-of-straw likes this
- notacrazyperson1 likes this
- submergedinaphantasy likes this
- aquaticrush likes this
- gowak reblogged this from who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog
- gowak likes this
- thisemptinesswillhauntyou likes this
- pale-parade reblogged this from atrocitet
- atrocitet reblogged this from detectiveangelinabox
- detectiveangelinabox reblogged this from kyttiecat
- sissensen likes this
- pilot-fish reblogged this from morningbirddarkknight
- morningbirddarkknight likes this
- morningbirddarkknight reblogged this from mfhoneybadger
- ladysteelorchid reblogged this from who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog
- ladysteelorchid likes this
- worldsgreatestliar likes this
- worldsgreatestliar reblogged this from kyttiecat and added:
- penguin-in-a-box likes this
- penguin-in-a-box reblogged this from ricttumsempra
- sometimes-sarcastic likes this
- mfhoneybadger reblogged this from insertfandomreferencehere
- because-vii-viii-ix reblogged this from who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog
- boomijustdeducedyou reblogged this from katieisfangirling
- insertfandomreferencehere reblogged this from the11thdoctorismine
- crystal---math reblogged this from who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog
- katieisfangirling reblogged this from usualteenager
- who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog reblogged this from the11thdoctorismine